Monmouth County Vocational School District
Festo Didactic Inc.
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Partner to provide a unique opportunity for junior and senior high school students in Monmouth County
High School Program Description
The NEW MCVSD Pre-Manufacturing & Robotics program offers juniors & seniors in Monmouth County the opportunity to engage and prepare for a career in Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering & Robotics. Students will earn industry-recognized certifications and participate in hands on experiences as well as on the job training through our Structured-Learning Program. This is a shared-time program where students will attend part of the day with MCVSD and the other part of the day at their home high school.
Program Skills and Tasks
* The New Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics program is in partnership with Festo Didactic Inc. located in Eatontown New Jersey.
Career Pathways by Sector
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Fabricated Metal
- Computer and Electronic
Overview of Course Work
- Critical Thinking: Analyzing information and situations to solve problems.
- Teamwork: Putting forth your best effort, working cooperatively with colleagues to achieve a common goal.
- Communication: Expressing your thoughts clearly and respectfully in words and actions, including active listening.
- Entrepreneurship: Demonstrating superior self-motivation, such as staying focused on work goals, being a role model, and finding effective ways to motivate others.
- Technology: Mastering and adapting to the changing technical tools used to do your job.
High School Credits Earned
- Introduction to Engineering: Exposure to various branches of engineering, careers available, educational requirements and tools.
- Material, Properties & Processes: Provide a foundation for understanding the relationship between material properties, structure and performance for engineering solids.
- Engineering Graphics with CAD: Graphics curriculum utilizing freehand sketching, manual board drafting and Computer-Aided Drafting.
- Electricity & Electronics: Introduction to the basic concepts of DC & AC circuit analysis. Loop and node analysis, network theorems and poly-phase circuits
- Robotics & Automation: Lab-based, hands-on curriculum combining electrical, mechanical and engineering principles.
Advanced Manufacturing I 10 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education) Math I 5 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education) Science I 5 credits
TOTAL: 20 credits
Advanced Manufacturing II 10 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education)Math II 5 credits
ICTE (Intergrated Career Technical Education)Science II 5 credits
TOTAL: 20 credits
Monmouth County (Hazlet) Area:
Range of Salary: $56,77.00 - $79,701.00
*Annual salary according to salary.com as of Nov. 2016